Wednesday, June 2, 2010

New Computer!

Well, here I am with exciting news! I bought a new computer! I am very excited about the whole thing, although I started a slight freak out when I discovered my dad was not home to install my accountability software onto my new computer. But this crisis will be averted! I have asked my youth pastor to help me out and my Mentor has said she will gladly receive the report emails!
What is "accountability software" you ask? Well basically it is a program the "records" everything I do on the internet and sends report emails to the email address of choice (Being my Mentor/accountability partner), before this my dad would get the emails because I shared our family laptop with, you guessed it, the family. But as this is my own computer and I could move out at any time I thought it would be prudent to have someone who I know will kick my butt to receive the emails. Not that my parents would not kick my butt if it needed major butt kicking...
Why do I need this software installed you may ask- well you remember reading my testimony, correct? I have had some bad addictions on the internet and this software, although it cannot do anything to block me from the sites I used to frequent, the fact that I know it is there and will send an email to my dad or accountability partner about where I was on my online session keeps me from going to those sites, and if I do then obviously I will bear a consequence that either my parents or Mentor will put on me. And I respect that authority, in fact I am glad it is over me in that way!

In other news, my new computer is very awesome and I love it! I still have yet to rip my entire music library to it and to install my games (As well as my accountability software) and then I will be good- well okay I also have to get programs like Microsoft Word and etc. I look forward to the long life of this computer!
Tomorrow is Home-Grown Therapy, so stay tuned and be expecting it! See you later!

~Kai Rennegade

No comments:

Post a Comment