Friday, June 11, 2010

Sonograms, Naps, and Good Times

So Wednesday I went to my Mentor's sonogram and got to see her baby in its early stages of development (She is only a couple months along, so her baby is just a blob- but a lovable one with hands and feet and a heartbeat that literally goes "wubwubwubwub"!) and I have to tell you it was awesome! A life, with a soul and a mind and a beating heart is growing inside my best friend, and God is putting that life together!
What is also exciting is that the nurse printed me out a picture of the baby- a picture just for me! And I wrote a verse on the back of the picture and stuck it in my prayer journal so that I can always pray for this little life! The verse is Psalm 127:3- "Children are a gift from the Lord; they are a reward from Him."
I hope that I can be involved in this little life, and that I can watch it grow into something even more beautiful (If that is even humanly possible) than it is now! I am so very excited about all this birthing business! I have been very obnoxiously happy because of it, and I know my sisters are starting to wonder if I will ever come down off this high. but I do not want to- it is the best thing I think that has ever happened to me and I would like to keep it thank you very much!

Anyways, after the sonogram my mentor treated me to Smoothie King and we all had lunch at her house then she put her youngest down for a nap and popped in a movie for her oldest and I hit the couch and was out,and I think she at least had a time to vegetate on her reclining chair! and after our (or my) nap she checked her facebook while I chatted at her in spurts and her oldest played in her room.

Today my Mentor came over with her kids and I showed her my baby (My new computer of course!) I have seen my mentor every day of the week now. Monday after work for our day, Tuesday night for a Scentsy party, Wednesday for her sonogram, Thursday for biblestudy, Today for just random *laughs*! I might see her tomorrow when I go to draw caricatures for a friend at the credit union he works for! Who knows! Anyways, I can barely see strait, so I think I will call it a night and go to bed!

Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. And should I die before I wake I pray the Lord my soul to take!
Amen

~Kai Rennegade

No comments:

Post a Comment