Thursday, May 20, 2010

Home-Grown Therapy 5/20/10

Ever feel like you need counseling? Oh, I do all the time! But I have learned that there are many "home-grown therapies" that have definitely helped me out to keep me sane! I've decided to share one a week, from "yeah sort of helpful" to "I recommend this to everyone"!

This week my home-grown therapy, from the bottom of the list is this:
Violent Video Games.
I am not talking about the games where you have to keep the mute button on because everyone seems to be dropping the F-bomb when an explosion goes off, I am talking about good old fashioned combat games like Tekken, or Mortal Kombat, or even Dragonball Z! The games that used to be played in arcades with joysticks and a blue button and a green button (Dragonball Z is not included in that, since it is a PlayStation2 game first and foremost)!

For example, recently I have been playing Mortal Kombat Deception (MKD), which has the option to turn the blood effects off, low, medium, or max- I turn the blood effects to max personally because there is nothing more satisfying than upper-cutting your opponent and watching an unrealistic amount of blood spurt from their face- like poking a hole in a blood bag!

Not only that, but the acting of beating a sinister-looking ninja-sorcerer-person (I am still trying to figure that one out) up can relieve frustrations, especially if there are people you wish you could just pop a few below the belt. Watch out, though, if you don't have your game set to a skill level you can manage, losses can only fire you up some more and make you want to really KO that person you have been imagining as the guy on the screen! I always have my games set to easy to prevent this!

So look forward to next week's Home-Grown Therapy!

~Kai Rennegade

No comments:

Post a Comment