Friday, August 13, 2010

Open House

Well, it turns out all the freaking out I did was for nothing. Because everyone who could not go with me told me that I should be fine and have no trouble talking to new people (Because for some reason people seem to think that if I can be so at ease and open with my friends that I can do the same with random strangers), and because I am sure many people covered me in prayer, I was able to talk to people with surprising ease, and not feel completely alone! I even met two freshmen girls, one of which exchanged numbers with me =)

Then, since my dad was in the Carolina's most of the week, I got to spend the night with my mom. I know it sounds weird, But you have to understand- she is my mommy, and I am her baby. Her first to go to college. Plus, it is nice to do simple things with my mom that do not leave me frustrated or angry or wanting to kill small animals. No, I am just kidding, my mom doesn't make me want to kill small animals. Frustrated and angry maybe (Frustrated more so than angry, but frustration usually leads to anger).

On another note, today two of my guy friends (One of them being my Ex) came over and LAN'd with me. I think it was big of me to extend the hand of friendship to my Ex, since he has been avoiding me for the most part. I mean I can get that, I for one did not want to really look at him at first (I still try not to meet his eyes when I talk to him.... Or well okay usually my head is turned away and I'm doing something with my hands), but i am not going to go out of my way to avoid him. And it was not so awkward having him in my house with his brother (Oh yeah, that was the other guy friend who came over, my Ex's brother.), the only part that was sort of awkward- and then it was really only awkward for me- was when we all played League of Legends and my Ex and I had to lane together* because Mario** and her husband wanted to lane together, and Vash** wanted to take the middle lane (Which usually you just send one down). Anyways, we were lane-ing together and I- being the strategist that I am- said, "Ex***, why don't you hide in the bushes over there near the jungle side and I'll hide in the bushes in the lane so as to bait the other Champions and you can gank from your hiding spot!" (Trust me, this is a valid and solid strategy, it has worked countless times when I have played with Mario.) and he did for a little bit (2 seconds) and then moved to hide in the bushes that I was hiding in. To which I lost my cool (Something I seem to do a lot) and said, "Hey, wait, what are you doing? Isaid hide in the JUNGLE bushes, not the lane bushes, how are we supposed to gank****?!" to which I did not receive a reply and then got frustrated and left to lane with someone else. (Vash, I think).

After that we kicked the boys out and then went to see Scott Pilgrim VS the World, which was a very awesome movie that tickled my gamer side, as well as my comic-loving side! I think I might read the comic now =) Anyways, the movie got out really late because we caught the last showing of the day, so I am dead tired as I crank this out. So I am going to bed, I have my last puppet practice tomorrow (or I guess today). Happy Friday the Thirteenth everyone!

Thanks for reading!
~Kai Rennegade

*In League of Legends you have either two or three lanes (depending on how many players you have that game), which is essentially a pathway, and players lane by choosing one and fighting on it. When you lane together it is when you go with a teammate.

**As per usual, names have been changed.

***And I really do not call him "Ex", I did here for the sake of keeping his identity secret (Although most who read my blog will know who he is anyways... This was not well thought out.)

****Gank means to Gang-Kill. when you gang up on a player and kill them. Obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment