Monday, October 11, 2010

Fall Getaway, Good Friends, and More Boy Issues.

So wow! It's been pretty much over a week since my last post! And in my last one I was about to go on Fall Getaway with CRU, correct?

Well let's start by telling you all how that went! It was pretty much a BLAST, like you don't understand, usually when I go on retreats I get very introverted and become a loner, but this girl- BJ*- always made a point to include me and that kept me from becoming a recluse the whole weekend! so the whole weekend I fellowship'd and made many new friends!

Me and BJ really hit it off, and I hope to say that we will become best friends! her twin sister Kai, (She has the same name as meee!!) is really cool too, I really really love talking with both of them and I love just getting to know them!

In other news. A guy from my work is gonna ask me out, probably soon. I don't mind, because he's a nice guy- he makes me laugh, he's smart, and he's a Christian for sure I know this. But he's sixteen and I'm nineteen, he's not as mature as me, because he hasn't quite learned when to cut the silliness and be serious sometimes. I don't know I have to weigh my options really. I have to stack him up against my List. remember The List? of qualities and qualifications? Let's drag that puppy back up from the grave and do an analysis, shall we?

The List of Qualifications and Qualities (for a future spouse)
1. MUST place God as #1 in his life and encourage me to do the same. So it seems so far he stacks pretty well with this one, We've had conversations about God and etc, but I'd need to get to know him better to be able to say with confidence that he has God as his number one priority.
2. His priorities must match or be similar to mine (ex, God, Family, School/work, Friends, etc). Seems similiar, but again I would have to get to know him more.
3. Must have a job and be able to support himself. Well I work with him, and he actually works more hours than i do, so i know that he supports himself (in the little things, he still lives at home etc.)
4. Must be involved in a ministry or volunteer time somewhere. I know he's done work with IHOP (International House Of Prayer), but i don't know about any regular things.
5. Has to have taken Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University (Being divided about how to budget would be a bad thing!). I doubt he has, but this is something that can easily be taken care of.
6. Mature, but knows how and when to have fun. And he IS mature, he is far more mature than some 16 year olds i know. it just sometimes he's not AS mature as he can be.
7. Funny. And he is xD
8. Plays video games but not obsessively or competitively. Yeah he does that too!
9. Listens when I vent and doesn't try to immediately "fix the problem" when I have not asked for his help. Well i think there were a couple times I've vented (not about super serious things) and he just made me laugh and made me feel better. Although sometimes he teased me about it and just made me sort of angry. but that only happens rarely.
10. Understands where I have been and what I need because of it (ex, knows that I need to have an accountability partner/mentor in my life and meet regularly with her). Well I havn't really gotten into the nitty-gritty, but I'm sure he would understand. I'd have to find out though.
11. Does not push me to do or be anything other than be a daughter of Christ. Well we're not in a relationship so it's not like he really could. but so far he hasn't really encouraged me to be anything period xD
12. Understands the meaning of "no". Havn't had to say no to him.
13. Doesn't cling to me, but is not cold or distant. Pretty good balance I'd say.
14. Is comfortable to talk to. Oh yeah, he is WAY easy to talk to!

So, well, he seems like he matches up pretty well. I'd really have to see.... You know actually do this withthe list kind of excites me. Like someone meets my standards? That's something I thought wouldn't happen for a long time. And he has NO idea of my list of standards! but I need some council on this, so I'm going to have to bring this to the attention of my mentor before he asks me out etc. I might also ask BJ and Kai for their opinions cuz I think they would have a good idea of what to do.

Anyways, I have some homework to do so I'm going to get on that!!

~Kai Rennegade

No comments:

Post a Comment